Last year was good to our team at Union Wood Co.
We progressed in both craftsmanship and refinement of design. We had the opportunity to produce some cool projects and pieces, which had us shipping work from Vancouver to Chicago and New York.
Not all of you cats are on Instagram, so here's a roundup of some of this new work from last year. Turns out, these pieces were some of our most popular Instagram posts.
A few of these can be found on the website (see the links below). We've added a couple of notes on each piece in case you're curious.
- Intro Bed - Clean, modern simplicity. Made from solid reclaimed fir (or choose your wood) and a sturdy steel structure. Looking forward to more like this in 2017!
- Custom Queen Bed - The best part about custom furniture is that its one-of-a-kind. This mixed hardwood bed lifts up for hidden storage. The headboard is a maple live edge slab with a brass 'X' inlays and formed bedside shelves.
- Custom Coffee Table - Built from solid timber, the end grain patterning on this fir table is pretty amazing.
- Custom Bedroom Set - Birch and whitewashed oak encased in lacquer. Loads of storage in these beauties.
- Custom Built-In Bed- Made from our thatched fir, this piece has a wall-to-wall headboard with built-in side tables. Our team installed this piece on site.
- Wall Installation - Up-lighting and reclaimed wood wall behind a client's banquette transforms the dining nook into a statement piece. Contact us to get pricing on your space.
- Birch Bark Credenza - From a series we've been producing featuring the gorgeous characteristics of birch bark. This one has a bank of 3 drawers in the middle and is encased in black lacquer.
- Slider Sideboard - White lacquered casework with silvered oak sliding doors. Inside there's an adjustable shelf, add one or two banks of drawers for even more storage.
- Custom Platform Bed - Made from walnut, this bed fits the recessed wall in this bedroom beautifully.
Thanks to all our crew, customers, collaborators, friends and family for making 2016 so great. Looking forward to more new work in 2017!